“Personal Information” means any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to, a first and last name, a home or other physical address and an email address or other contact information, whether at work or at home. In general, you can visit the Website without telling us who you are or revealing any Personal Information about yourself.
We believe that protecting the confidentiality and privacy of our registered users is very important. For this reason, our basic features are designed to protect your privacy. Further we have sophisticated tools that enable you to set your privacy and confidentiality levels to those that you are comfortable with.
Our profile format is designed so as to prevent people from identifying you unless you wish them to do be able to do so. Thus the information that is gathered is general in nature - age, height, gender, caste, ethnicity, occupation, location, family profile, interests, desired partner profile etc. Typically, information that will help generate interest among the right prospective life partners without individually identifying you. Uploading photographs is optional.
We understand that different people have different needs for privacy and confidentiality. Thus, for this reason we empower our registrants with tools to customize the privacy levels of their profile, photographs and contacts.
Some of these settings are as follows:
- Allow my detailed profile to be viewed by all visitors; or
- Allow my detailed profile to be viewed only by registered users who pass my filters;
- Don't show my detailed profile or summary profile to any user, I will search and contact profiles.
You may visit the Privacy Features for more information in this regard.
Types of information that we collect from you
Purpose of collection and usage of information from you
We collect information from you in order to provide services from the Website for matching profiles and enable to provide matches based on your pre-selected criteria. Certain private information is only displayed after taking your prior consent. We do not collect financial information such as credit card/debit card numbers/bank accounts numbers etc.
Information sharing and Disclosure
Website does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people (save with your consent) or non-affiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Website under confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Website communicate with you about offers from Website and our marketing partners. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
Website displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area.
- Website does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Website advertisers include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
Some of our web pages utilize "cookies" and other tracking technologies. A "cookie" is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Website. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by you. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them.
You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser, but please note that if you choose to erase or block your cookies, you will need to re-enter your original user ID and password to gain access to certain parts of the Website.
Security practices and procedures
We fully comply with all Indian Laws applicable, including without limitation, Rule 8 under Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000. We have ensured that reasonable security practices and procedures are in place as required under Rule 8 under Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000. We have always co-operated with all law enforcement inquires. We may disclose all or part of your personal details in response to a lawful request from the law enforcement authorities or in a case of bonafide requirement to prevent an imminent breach of the law.
Info Edge (India) Limited
B-8, Sector 132
Noida, Uttar Pradesh 201301